Our team’s achievements for the last 12 months
• Over 6000 hours on call – means we had a responder on call for about 70% of each day.
• We attended several hundred emergency calls in our local area and further afield.
• We were awarded a British Empire Medal by Her Majesty
• We were awarded an Outstanding Service Award from the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives
• We contributed to the training of over 8000 young people in the South Central area during Restart a Heart Day in October.
• We continued to assist those wishing to facilitate Public Access Defibrillators locally.
• We made use of the superb capability of our Land Rover -the world’s best 4x4 - by using our Freelander to get ambulance crews to patients in the Forest and rough terrain areas and help extract casualties
• We received letters of appreciation and support from patients and their families
• We recruited, and had trained, two new volunteers.
We are Proud to be a part of the response of South Central Ambulance Service and especially PROUD to serve our local community.
Thank you to the community who support us, your local community based Ambulance First Responders, and to those businesses who help us in many different ways.
We are always looking for suitable volunteers to join our award winning team. If you are over 18 and have what it takes, have use of your own car and are of good character please click on “VOLUNTEER” option above for more information. Or call 0844 500 9699
Wishing everyone a Happy and Healthy 2019.